Wednesday, 28 December 2016

Christmas Loot and New Years Resolutions

Seasons Greetings readers, hope you all had a hobby-filled one?

I just thought I'd share my Christmas loot with you and brain storm some new years resolutions...

So what did you guys get from Santa this year? I got a bunch of Black Library goodies:
The Horus Heresy Calendar 2017. Last years was a cracker so I expect good things from this one. Neil Roberts' art gets better and better. The art in these calendars is of a decent size, and I framed my favourites from last year.

The Primarchs: Leman Russ. I asked for this, but by the time it was actually released I was regretting it, mainly due to the price. But of course, my wife had already ordered it (she's good like that) so there it was for me under the tree. I'm half way through it and am pleasantly surprised at the quality of the story (I don't know why I doubted Chris Wraight's ability...). There is definitely some great insights so far, I'll provide a full review at the end. The embossed leather case is a work of art too!

And then two more Horus Heresy novels from my dad-in-law. These are the next two in the series for me to read.

I purposely didn't ask for any miniatures this year, which brings me on to my New Years Resolution...

In 2017 I do solemnly swear to paint everything I have which is unpainted before buying anything else!

So, what did you get and what are your plans for 2017? Let me know in the comments section.

theerrantwolf.blogspot.co.uk - a blog dedicated to The Horus Heresy and Warhammer 40k

No comments:

Post a Comment