Friday, 10 February 2017

Hobby Update: 10/02/2017

Hey there! And how are you? Got much hobbying done this week?

My week has actually been filled mostly with thinking about hobbying. The new Space Wolves 30k rules are now out there and I have two games in the next 4 weeks so I've had to do some real thinking about what to focus my time on; switching squad load outs and realising I don't have enough power weapons in the bitz box has sapped most of that time!

 
I did get out to Warhammer World on Wednesday night to try out Burning of Prospero for the first time. I bought that for the minis but hadn't actually played the game, so it was good to get it out of the box.



My initial thoughts were that the game mechanics were ten times more complex than Betrayal at Calth, but after two games it was actually pretty much the same, just different.

I played Thousand Sons, seeing as I usually play Space Wolves in every other game, and I actually won (maybe it's the army  choice, not actually my playing that is the cause of ten years of losing then?...).

Some of the psychic powers are really good, and the flame wall one in particular was good in the Zone Mortalis-type set up. I managed to make the Wolves march the long way round pretty much every turn!

 
The Wolves killed my Captain in the first turn. I then regenerated him... they then killed him... I then regenerated him... this happened 4 times over the course of the game and in the end he only managed to kill one guy! It became a bit of a joke.
 

You might have also seen the Gav Thorpe interview posted on Four Dads of the Apocalypse? Getting that written up was a challenge in itself. I've never actually interviewed a person (other than in a work capacity). Hopefully you like it.

Anyway, back to the sticking of plastic soldiers for me... have a good weekend!

Dave

theerrantwolf.blogspot.co.uk - a blog dedicated to The Horus Heresy and Warhammer 40k

No comments:

Post a Comment