Wednesday, 1 March 2017

Heavy Weapons Support Squad

As part of my Army Painting Challenge I am working my way through my miniatures backlog, and here's a squad that I finished this week: a 5 man heavy weapons support squad.

I brought these guys ages ago, when the Forge World heavy bolter set first came out. So these guys are all resin, apart from the Space Wolves additions.





I brought them because they look cool, but heavy bolters are not that useful in games of Age of Darkness because you are 90% of the time fighting Space Marines, and heavy bolters are not marine killers. I usually take my missile launcher squad because their mixture of krak and frag grenades makes them quite versatile on the table top.




As with all of my heavy weapons teams, I paint their helmets white, a) because I think it looks cool and b) as a homage to 40k Long Fangs which have white and black as their heraldry.

Anyway, I think they look cool so am glad I finished them... finally. hope you like them.

Dave

theerrantwolf.blogspot.co.uk - a blog dedicated to The Horus Heresy and Warhammer 40k

9 comments:

  1. These look great, love the look of the drum magazines, shame HB are no where near as destructive as the fluff would indicate, shame. Maybe if they increased the rate of fire or lowered the AP value, we would see more of these iconic weapons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing, I brought them because they look cool but then you realise they will kill precisely nothing on the table top, same as the rotor cannons. Looks amazing, fit with the HH artwork from Collected Visions but they can't touch marines on the table!
      Thanks for taking a look.

      Delete
    2. Same with my intended Relictors HB Devs... I doubt I'll field them, but to me the HB looks cool, and rule of cool means I want to own a squad. NP, I've added you to the blogroll at WeeMen so we don't miss your updates as your force grows, some great minis so far mate.

      Delete
    3. Cheers mate, I'll do the same.
      Have you looked at the gallery? There's a few more minis in there too

      Delete
    4. I've had a good look through your older posts, RIP Ginger. Love the "Magnus is a knob" and Breachers look great, as do the Scimitar Jet Bikes, I have one for a 40K Chapter Master on bike project.

      I couldn't find a Gallery link, just the three at top, of which the SW Character one was a good summary, liked that. Also, just a suggestion, a "Blog Archive Gadget" in the sidebar would help the trawl through previous posts for all that lovely juicy content? Great stuff mate.

      Delete
    5. Ah yeah, sorry, they aren't titled gallery, all my Space Wolves units are under Space Wolves and all my Shattered Legions units are under shattered legions :-) not many in that one yet tho!

      Delete
    6. Look forward to seeing both grow, yeah found those galleries, your work is great - mine is a lot more 'table top standard' - but I have more done ;)
      Thanks for linkage too.

      Delete
  2. Well my Alpha Legion army was designed more on aesthetic appeal rather than table top effectiveness (a point brutally driven home by the Iron warriors here recently), so my recently assembled heavy bolter dev squad ought to fit right in!

    :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, excellent. Alpha Legion though? Are you sure those 'heavy bolters' aren't really las cannons? :-)

      Delete