Friday, 21 April 2017

Plastic Contemptor Dreadnought Conversion - Updated

Hey there,

I just wanted to share this with you guys. It's my plastic contemptor dreadnought conversion for my Vlka Fenryka.

I have one contemptor in my army already but have always had a hankering to do one with a siege drill. I don't know why, they just look pretty brutal and that's what the Wolves of Fenris are all about I guess. So how did this conversion finally come about?

Well I recently brought the Betrayal at Calth box set. I wasn't that bothered about the dreadnought to be honest. As I say, I already had one in my army and like everyone else on the internet, I thought it looked a bit static. I wasn't in love with it. But then the guys over at Battle Bunnies posted up a conversion walk-through and I thought, you're right, it's plastic, it'd be simple to convert. And as I already had one... Then FW released the leviathan Siege Drill, and I just thought what have I got to loose!

Firstly I stuck the main body together. Then I cut it at the waist and took the left leg off, gluing them back on in a slightly more dynamic pose. Battle Bunnies took the head off too but at the time I was doing this I didn't have a lot of time, so I left it.

I then stuck the fist arm together before cutting the fist off at the shoulder.

Then I glued my leviathan arm together and then stuck that on. The power cable housing fits quite nicely too. To get it snug I filed the ornamental trim around the bottom of the shoulder down flat. A bit of green-stuff to fill gaps, some wolfy totems, and you're done!

 
I'm really pleased with it. The pose looks ok, and that siege drill is mahoosive! I went with the multi-melta rather than the assault cannon because I figured with the siege drill he's going to be going after tanks rather than infantry. My other contemptor has a heavy bolter so he can deal with the traitors on foot.
 

And here he is painted up...


Let me know what you think, or even better, share your own conversions with us!

Dave

theerrantwolf.blogspot.co.uk - a blog dedicated to The Horus Heresy and Warhammer 40k

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers mate, got another 2 of these fellas to convert...

      Delete
  2. Dave, great work, I slightly converted mine too. http://weemen.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/dreadtober-project-finished-plastic-b.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice, definitely more dynamic. I've got another 2 of these to do so always looking for inspiration 😊

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Gonna get myself another 2 of these in a couple of weeks

      Delete