Thursday, 11 May 2017

Space Wolves Leviathan No.1

I finished this guys along with the contemptor I posted earlier in the week. He's part of the Fury of the Ancients army I am building.

I completely stole the basing idea from Lil Legend Studios, though I think theirs was executed better. but hey, they are commission painters, they should be better!



The blood on the claw is, as usual, Tamia Clear Red, applied over the matt varnish, so one of the final steps. But applying it last means it stays mice and glossy and it's translucency means it generally gives a pleasing blood effect.

I brought the plastic dread of my mate Steve and re-used the arms elsewhere. Yes, it was an expensive base but I just couldn't resist. You've already spent £75 on a centrepiece model, there's no point in skimping on the base!!



This model was a beautiful kit to put together, with next to no mould lines or slip. However, handling it kinda made holding a contemptor, itself an impressive kit, feel a bit small!



Anyway, I hope you like this guy. Two more to go after this...

Dave

theerrantwolf.blogspot.co.uk - a blog dedicated to The Horus Heresy and Warhammer 40k - Get in touch on Twitter: @davetgent

2 comments:

  1. Hope I'm not raining on your parade, but Space Wolves technically can't use the Fury of the Ancients Rite of War...
    Unless you're not using the Space Wolves Legion special rules, ofcourse :)
    Either way, I've been following your progress and I am really liking these dreads. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I won't be using the Space Wolves legion rules when I play with these guys. There's no point as there's not really any bonus for dreadnoughts in those legion rules :)
      Also, I'm thinking of making some of these dreads not-Space Wolves. There will be 12 in total so it might be nice to have some that aren't grey :)
      Cheers

      Delete