Saturday, 20 May 2017

Vehicle Wrecked Markers - alternative use...

Regular readers will know that I've been playing a lot of Zone Mortalis and Strike Force (Kill Team) games recently and I've been thinking about additional obstacles in the game. Both games are very tactical and getting (or avoiding) line of sight is very much key to being successful in a mission.

With this in mind I've been thinking of things that could block line of sight but wouldn't hinder movement, things like smoke. Perhaps we could still try and shoot through the smoke with a 'to hit' modifier. That's just off the top of my head, I've not tried it out yet but will give it a go in both gaming formats and keep you posted.

In the mean time, I wanted to share these. In looking for something cool that represented the smoke I wandered down the path of LED vehicle wrecked markers and ended up buying couple from Zinge Industries at a pretty reasonable price. I think they look pretty... AWSOME!! The LED inside flickers and glows, which looks pretty realistic in low light.


The Grey Slayer is a WIP, he's not finished yet, just there for scale. The building is from TT Combat, which I reviewed recently and plan on buying some more of.


Have you guys got any suggestions how the smoke idea could work in game? Is my suggestion realistic enough? I just want to add a little something extra to the games and smoke on a battle field is pretty thematic I thought.

Dave

theerrantwolf.blogspot.co.uk - a blog dedicated to The Horus Heresy and Warhammer 40k - Get in touch on Twitter: @davetgent

No comments:

Post a Comment