Monday, 10 July 2017

Hobby Progress - 10/07/2017

I was thinking to myself that I hadn't had a lot of hobby time recently but then I started writing this progress report...
 
 
Finally finished sticking together my Shadow Wars army... got their first game next week so they need some paint on them now!

I also sat down and took some pictures of my miniatures to send off to White Dwarf. They needed a white background and I tend to use black for all of my blog photos. Here's a couple...


Me and my son have been playing some games. He's been setting up terrain and rolling dice to make things move anyway, so that definitely counts! It's really interesting to see his imagination and what sort of mechanics he applies as the game develops. I find this really cool anyway.

 
He also helped me stick some miniatures together, selecting all the parts for me to cut and glue (can't trust him with a scalpel yet...) and then painting it up himself. (shout out to @_barefootdragon for these bits)
 
I got my hands on some Primaris Marines and stuck those together. I'm not convinced by that Sergeant's pose. Even before I chopped his hand off and replaced it with a power fist, he kinda looks awkward. However, these miniatures are so easy to put together and so easy to paint too. I could quite easily paint up the whole box set!

Not got a name for these guys yet, going to do a Space Wolves successor though, hence the wolves bits.

However, I do want them to be completely different to my 30k Space Wolves, and continued the theme for the Mechanicum Shadow Wars squad. Here's my two test pieces.

And lastly, here's a look at my project table... I'm currently painting some Terminators for a friend, the rhino for my 30k Wolves and then the Primaris and Mechanicum guys... I've got two weeks to finish this lot before I go way for a while, wish me luck!

What have you been up to? What do you think of the Primaris/Mechanicum colour scheme?

Dave

theerrantwolf.blogspot.co.uk - a blog dedicated to The Horus Heresy and Warhammer 40k - Get in touch on Twitter: @davetgent

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Some nice, varied hobby progress there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Varied is the word!

      Delete