Monday, 3 July 2017

Some guys I'd like you to meet...

I've been blogging on this blog for 6 months now and couldn't have imagined that it would have gone this well. Most of my posts seem to have been received well and there is a lot of feedback from you guys, on here, on Reddit and on Twitter, so I think I'm doing it right.

Over these last 6 months I've also met some really great people, who also happen to blog or run hobby-related businesses, so I wanted to tell you a bit more about those guys. This isn't a sales pitch, it's just an honest shout out to some really great people who's day job happens to be related to our hobby in some way or another.


Gav at Alchemists is a young lad with a lot of ambition! He runs this brick and mortar store in Chester and has a growing online presence. Gav also has a passion for 30k Raven Guard (and some lovely painted miniatures to go with that passion!) and I'm hoping to get a game with him next time I'm up that way, on one of the many gaming tables he's spent the last couple of months painting.

I've become pretty good friends with Gav and last met up with him at Warhammer Fest, where we spent the day chatting with just about everyone and admiring the new Primaris Marines (as well as that huge terminator bust!). He also likes wrestling and would one day like to look like the Ultimate Warrior (ok, that last bit is completely made up...).

If you wanna help a guy live the dream of owning a successful independent hobby store, and save 20% on your miniatures, I urge you to pay this guy a visit.

Zinge Industries
Gareth and Janet run Zinge Industries, and they are really nice people. Gareth is more than balls deep in to the hobby, which is why he set up his own company, making third party bits for the conversions he wanted to make.

You might remember he boarding shields I reviewed for them? I still think they are comparable to the Forge World ones and have got a few more since that review. I'm currently sticking together one of their buggies (sorry that's taking so long... got distracted by 8th), which is so nice and looks really cool. If you are looking for alternative transport for your Guardsmen or Marines, you could do a lot worse than one of these...

Black Library Authors
During the course of writing as of the Four Dads of the Apocalypse and the last six months of Errant Wolf, I've managed to interview a number of Black Library authors. All have been fantastic and turned around their interviews in double quick time.

But as well as writing awesome novels and creating fantastical worlds for us hobbyists to inhabit, they also maintain their own blogs and social media presence:
David Guymer
Graham McNeill
Guy Haley
David Annandale
Gav Thorpe

So if you're interested in the latest news from Warhammer or Age of Sigmar, I'd urge you to get it from the horses' mouths...

Abaddon and Teal
This comic book blog is fresh off the press and although I have been credited with some of the creativity behind it, the hard work is actually done by the artist. So if you fancy the occasional laugh set in the Warhammer 40k universe, you shouldn't go any further!


All I wanted to do with this post was ask that if you love the hobby, then share some that love with these hard working people that help illuminate it with their incredible talent.

Dave

theerrantwolf.blogspot.co.uk - a blog dedicated to The Horus Heresy and Warhammer 40k - Get in touch on Twitter: @davetgent

No comments:

Post a Comment