Friday, 4 August 2017

Armies on Parade - Part 1

This week sees the launch of my/our Armies on Parade Challenge.

Myself and a Twitter buddy Vidpui (@Vidpui) have decided that this year is the year to enter and that we'd challenge each other in order to make sure we actually go through with it.

The next couple of months will see a series of work in progress shots as we get our parade board and armies ready, and I'll kick that off here with my plans for the board....

I'm planning on buying a Forge World realm of battle board. I was initially going to build my own board, but when I started thinking about how much it would cost and how I would find the time, I decided to just buy a Forge World board instead.
Realm of Battle Imperial Strongpoint
Here's my planned layout for the Imperial Stronghold:

Technically I have an army I can put on there, but one of the prizes this year is for best theme, so I am hoping to get the other half of my dreadnought army built and painted and go with a 'Fury of the Ancients' theme.

Every year I say I want to enter, and I never get round to it because I haven't 'finished' my army, or I don't have a board. Well this year is where those excuses stop and I'm going to enter it. And to that effect, Vidpui and I will maintain these blog posts right up to and including Parade Day, but I'm also going to call out a couple of other people who said they'd enter too, so you can go and see how their plans are progressing (and keep them focused! lol)

Rich (@Jangalak), from Four Dads of the Apocalypse. Rich and I are in the middle of a 30k Wolves vs Fists campaign and to spice it up have said that if either of us get a trophy on Parade Day, we win 2 command points to spend in the finale

Gav (@AlchemistsWorks) from Alchemists Workshops. We're not playing a campaign, but he's got some good looking Ravens that need to be entered into this...

Chris (@ChrisFrosin) from, well from Chris. My newest gaming buddy who has come back to the hobby in a big way. I think he's planning a Necrons-themed board for his new 40k Army. I'm currently playing a Shadow Wars campaign with Chris.

In the not to distant future Vid will give you the lowdown on his post, until then, let us know what your plans are if you're entering.

Dave

theerrantwolf.blogspot.co.uk - a blog dedicated to The Horus Heresy and Warhammer 40k - Get in touch on Twitter: @davetgent

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might do, depends when it is being held here.

      Delete