Sooo... it's been a while but thought I'd provide a bit of an update on eth army painting challenge.
I have to admit that I am still getting distracted! By Shadow Wars mainly, and the idea of owning a dreadnought army. I've actually added more to the list than I have completed this year now, which was not the idea at all! So, no I have that dreadnought army, there will be no more sticking together until I have at least ticked a few more items off this list.
Re-prioritising the last three months of the year, Armies on Parade is at the end of October, so my Dreadnought army needs to be ready for that!
Things like the Fellblade, Spartan and terminator squads are big ticks and quite close to completion, so I'll target these next. Then the Grey Slayers and Assault squads, to flesh out the troops options for my army.
I've also brought a couple of new army cases this month, and aim to replace the rest of my old ones by the end of the year. The aim is to get rid of the old Games Workshop plastic ones and replace them with smaller KR Multicase ones, so I only have to transport the army I'm actually using that day to the game, in foam that actually fits the miniatures I now have!
Lastly, I was kindly asked for an interview with the guys over at St Andrews Wargamming. It felt kinda strange being interviewed by a blog about my blog, but I guess that's the world we live in now, and I was very happy (and interested) to do it. an find it here. My wife has a few issues about me saying that 'Space Hulk is my one true love', but I'll buy her some flowers and hopefully we'll be cool again... haha
Things that have been added or completed this period are in red, blue indicates activities already finished/current state
The list for painting (which seems to keep growing):
- 20 Grey Slayers with close combat weapons - Finished!
- 20 Grey Slayers with bolters - dry brushed armour highlights and based
- 20 assault marines - dry brushed armour highlights and based
1116 terminators - dry brushed armour highlights and based - Finished 5 of them and handed them over to their new owner
- 1 Forge Lord (Iron Priest) - dry brushed armour highlights and based
- 4 heavy weapons guys - dry brushed armour highlights and based
- 1 Spartan assault tank - dry brushed armour highlights
- 5 Death Sworn - dry brushed armour highlights and based
- Rhino APC - Finished
- 7 Boarding marines - detailing started
- Fellblade - base coated, dry brushed and nearly finished detailing.
- 3 Contemptor Dreadnoughts
- 1 Deredeo Dreadnought
- 1 Leviathan Dreadnought
- 1 Realm of Battle tile
- 5 Veteran tactical marines
- 1 Wolf Lord
- 2 Apothecaries
- 10 Deathsworn
Finished so far this year
- Storm Eagle - re-based (and now sold)
- Land speeder - re-based
- 5 heavy weapons guys - re-based
- 1 Contemptor dreadnought
- 1 Leviathan dreadnought
- 10 Tactical support squad with plasma guns
- 5 Tactical support troops with rotor cannons
How are you doing with your hobbying this year?
theerrantwolf.blogspot.co.uk - a blog dedicated to The Horus Heresy and Warhammer 40k - Get in touch on Twitter: @errantwolfdave